How to Forcefully Update a Plugin in WordPress? Print this Article
If your WordPress plugin is not working properly or you want to re-install it even when it is updated to its latest version, without losing data, you can do this without removing the plugin.
You can do this with both active or deactivated plugins.
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Under the dashboard menu, hover your mouse over "Plugins" and then click on "Installed Plugins".
3. Locate the plugin you wish to forcefully update and then click on "Edit".
4. In the editor, locate the text:
Then you will only need to change it to:
Only change the version from a higher to a lower number.
5. Scroll down and click on "Update File". Then go back to the "Installed Plugins" list and you will see a text like "There is a new version of"¦" and you will only need to click on "Update now". This will update your plugin"s files.
Was this answer helpful?
WordPress - How to find the user ID This video will show you how to find the User ID of a user
You can install a new WordPress theme without having any technical knowledge. It"s so easy and...
You can install a plugin in WordPress in a number of ways. The best way to install a plugin is to...
You downloaded a new theme from trusted website and want to install it on your WordPress site...
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.2. Under the dashboard menu, hover your mouse on Posts...